Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Duck Park






We went to the Duck Park with Grandma today. The boys had a great time. Aidan kept trying to steal the cheerios that we were feeding to the ducks. Aidan followed his brother everywhere from the big slide to the tunnels to the swings. The boys are loving having their Grandma here and so am I. They are getting so spoiled. Nick has been playing games non-stop with his Grandma including the new one he convinced her to buy at Wal-Mart, Hungry-Hungry Hippos. Aidan is getting lots of snuggles from his Grandma too. I would love for my Mom to stay another few weeks because she has made it possible for us to eat in shifts so Aidan doesn't have to know we are eating something he can't have. Also, she has my house cleaner then it has been in ages. Poor Aidan is so wanting to eat real food but so far is still easily distracted by other things. He seems to be feeling good and isn't really even requiring any pain meds at all now. He is having a few side effects from the surgery including wobbliness and dumping syndrome. We hope these are temporary but will discuss them with the surgeon next week and the GI the week after that. Nicholas is counting the days until the calendar turns over to July and he gets to go to Minnesota. He keeps yelling at me because I say we are going home to Minnesota. He quickly reminds me that it isn't my home. My home is in California. We all can't wait to finally spend some time relaxing in Minnesota.

No comments: