Monday, September 20, 2010

Cotton Picking







Today Aidan and I went cotton picking with his class. He had a great time with his friends. The cotton was right at the perfect height for them to pick. He picked a whole bag full. It is pretty easy to pick but I can't imagine doing that for a living. Aidan was a little confused about what cotton was because he kept asking if he could eat it. Despite the monster sized grasshoppers and the crazy 100 degree heat we had a lot of fun and learned a lot about southern farming.




2 comments:

Hank and Laura said...

We were there, too! The kids had a great time. Sorry I missed you. I was so focused on the boys that I think I missed seeing a lot of people. Cute pictures!

Jeanne said...

What did he do with the bag of cotton? Did he get to keep it? Glad you had fun - another great Southern experience!