Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Carving






Sadly, I took very few pictures of Halloween related activities. Aidan and I went trick or treating at the neighborhood shopping center and I didn't have my camera. Nick's class didn't get to celebrate Halloween because they can only have 2 parties a year in third grade and chose to do Christmas and Valentines. Aidan didn't attend his class party and parade because he was so sick he didn't leave his bed all of Halloween day. I took one picture of Nick on my phone after trick or treating because I couldn't find my camera. So pumpkin carving are the only pictures I have this year. Aidan was Darth Vader and I will have to take a picture of him some day because he plays dress up all the time in it. Nick was a skeleton. We had a great time on Halloween despite Aidan being sick and having spent 3 hours at the doctors office with him. Our neighbors are the best and they go big on Halloween. My FBI neighbor does this elaborate scary display where he uses real meat as scattered body parts and uses his FBI car and tape and jumps out of a body bag. It was hilarious fun and the kids really enjoyed it. All of my neighbors sat in our long driveway and had a huge potluck with great food and passed out candy. Nick was rather impressed with the neighbors too because so many of them went all out crazy in the decorating department as well as candy. Nick came home with tons of whole giant sized candy bars. I guess it pays to live in a neighborhood with Congressmen and Generals. Hopefully, next year Aidan will get to enjoy it more too.

No comments: