Monday, August 18, 2008

Nick's First Day of School



Nick just outside his classroom.
Nick at his desk in his classroom.
Nick without his school sweatshirt.

Today was Nick's first day of Kindergarten. He was so excited. It is all he has been talking about for weeks. He was a little tired this morning as he had to wake up at 6:30 this morning and didn't fall asleep until late last night despite being in his bed at 7AM. I drove him today since it was his first day although usually I will only drive on Thursdays. Aidan and I walked him to his classroom and helped him put his backpack away and then took a picture of him in his chair. Then Nick said you can go now Mom! And take Aidan with you! Aidan cried when we said goodbye because he wanted to stay and play but Mom did just fine. There were a lot of parents videotaping and taking pictures like the paparazzi so I felt like I did good. Of course I am already a bad parent according to Nick because I didn't pack his snack in his lunchbox. Everyone else brought their snack in their lunchboxes. I figured since they were only going a half day today that I could just put the snack in his backpack but I guess that isn't good enough. Live and learn. When I picked Nick up I asked him how his day went and he said it was boring! Of course he says that to just about everything these days so I am not sure what he really thought. He said it was a long day and he was too hot in his sweatshirt and he didn't know how to take it off. He was really hungry when he got home too and scarfed down a huge lunch. So tomorrow we will pack more of a snack. Hopefully, he will find his groove in the next few weeks. I apologize for the picture quality as my digital camera seems to be on the fritz. It is driving me insane.

1 comment:

RissaRoo said...

Aw! He looks so big...Congrats on the first day of school and it looks like you guys had a great summer! So many fun outings. Cute pictures!