Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!


Driving the Train




Nick's favorite climbing tree

Yes I know I am going up the slide!


Nick doing the monkey bars


Happy New Years! I can't believe it is 2009 already. Where did 2008 go? I know most people are happy that the year has turned over given the tough economic times but I have spent the last few days really reflecting on all of the blessings we have had in 2008. Jeremy pinned on Major at the beginning of the year and then we were blessed with guests for Aidan's first birthday. Jeremy got to go on a fabulous fishing trip with his buddies in Texas. Then even though it was absolutely terrifying at the time we handed Aidan over to the surgeons at UCLA in June and it turned out to be a huge blessing in his very painful, and life threatening, battle with reflux. This year Nick started to read and ride a bigger bike and went off to his first day of Kindergarten. He finally seems to have found a good regimen of meds that are controlling his asthma too. Aidan has started to potty train and has learned to talk this year. We were also blessed to see all of our family during a family vacation to Minnesota in July. These are many of the memories from 2008 that I will hold on to for many years to come.

2009 is sure to be just as exciting and crazy as 2008 for our family as we are moving across the country to Alabama in July. Before we go I hope to soak up all the strawberries and sun that I can as well as take many more fun trips around California. Hopefully, we will get to see many of you this year in our cross country adventure. We miss you all and hope 2009 brings you much peace, joy, love and prosperity.

The pictures are from our New Years trek to the Choo-Choo park. The video is of one of Nick's favorite 2008 accomplishments, being able to do the monkey bars.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Alabama!! You did not tell me you are moving when I talked to you today! WOW!