Thursday, April 30, 2009

Triathlon

Erika, Olivia, and me before the race. We were numbers 141-143 but you can't see my number as it is on the other arm.
Getting ready for my start.

Swimming away.

Still going, only 8 more laps!
At the finish line trying to figure out what to do with my busted knee.


I finished the YMCA sprint triathlon on Saturday a few minutes slower then in previous years but still did fairly well. Jeremy was at baseball with Nick so I only got a few pics from the swimming portion and at the end from my friend Olivia's daughter. I will try to put up some other pics from my friends later. I was doing really well until the last 1/4 mile of the race when I gracefully tripped over my own two feet and totally scraped the crap out of my knee. It hurt so bad. I still got up and finished but the reason I look so disoriented at the end of the race is because I was trying to figure out what to do with my bloody knee. Luckily, my friend Pam who is a nurse finished with me and walked me to the first aid station and helped me clean out my knee including the gravel in it and really took very good care of me. It was so sore I could barely walk all weekend but it feels fine now but it just looks bad. Hopefully, it will fully recover before my next race. I will miss this race next year as it has become one of my favorites and I will especially my good friends that have been cheering me on through out all the training period.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Congradulations! I could never do anything like that. Kudo's to you~