Monday, August 3, 2009

Rosefest Parade and Run for the Roses






















My hometown of Roseville, MN hosts a week long event called Rosefest which has all kinds of activities. We attended the parade on the hottest night of the year. It was still in the high 90's after the sun went down. We were just dripping in sweat and the popsicles the boys had melted before they even got half way done with them. The boys had a great time despite the heat. They threw out all kinds of stuff during the parade including lots of candy. We went home with a grocery size bag full of stuff. A big thanks to my Brother-in-law Steve who dropped us off and picked us up in the middle of a monster crowd. Later in the week Nick and I raced in the Run for the Roses. I was going to do the 10K but chickened out since I didn't have any running buddies with me. I am glad I didn't because it rained throughout my entire race. Nick did awesome during his half mile race despite running on the oval track that was seriously ankle deep in water. He was so proud of himself and showed everyone his race ribbon and shirt all day long.

No comments: