Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day








Happy Mother's Day! I have enjoyed a wonderful day with my sweet boys. We went to church and out to lunch and then went biking at the Blount Cultural Park in Montgomery. The boys were in heaven on the miles and miles of trails. Of course, their favorite parts of the park were the ponds with ducks and turtles. I am so blessed to have a wonderful Mom who I have no idea how she was able to raise 5 kids and not go crazy because most days my two are enough to drive
me insane. I totally am in awe of everything she did for us as kids. There is a quote from Henry Ward Beecher that says "We never know the love of parents until we become parents ourselves." I am finding that saying more true with each passing day as my kids teach me about myself. I hope someday they will grow up to appreciate all that we are doing for them. I am also very thankful for my wonderful Mother-in-law who raised an amazing, loving, honorable man that I am able to share my life with everyday. And I am realizing everyday how hard it is to raise strong, honest, loving boys. Thanks to all the Moms in my life who keep me sane and encourage me in this wonderful journey.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I am finally catching up on all your posts - and there have been alot since I last checked. Thank you for the Mother's Day comment. Believe me when I say that I thank the Lord daily for the wonderful wife my son "found". I prayed for years that He would lead Jer to the right woman, and He certainly answered those prayers!