Sunday, October 3, 2010

Montgomery Half Marathon



I ran the Montgomery Half Marathon on Saturday with my running partner Paulette. It was a beautiful scenic race and we got amazing weather for it. I think I drank too much water from training in the crazy heat so much and got a really bad cramp at mile 12 and had to walk a little. I still finished faster then my last half marathon time and I felt amazing after the race so I think that means we trained hard enough for it. I am not going to run any more races for a while even though so many people are already bugging me to do races in the spring. I am sure I will change my mind after the new year. For now I am just going to enjoy my tennis league and just basic classes at the gym again and the occasional jog for my own enjoyment.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Great job Mary!! I don't think that is something I could ever do. Congrats! That is quite an accomplishement!