Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Little Military Man





I got some cute pictures of Aidan wearing his Daddy's hat the other day. He is obsessed with all things military right now. A little too obsessed with the Navy for his Air Force Dad's liking but he plays army guys or battleships or war pretty much all day every day. He checks out military books at the library that are way over his head and makes everyone that comes over play guns and army guys with him. I am hoping this is a short lived infatuation and not because I am against my children serving in the military but I am not really liking how excited he is to pretend to shoot and kill someone. I have tried to explain that in really life war is bad and it really hurts people but he can't get past that he is the good guy and the good guys win and so it is fun for him. Hopefully, in time we will be able to teach him a more balanced view on war but for now I will allow him to enjoy being a boy and using his imagination to shoot the bad guys.

No comments: