Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Girls Night In






I hosted a dinner tonight for my friends whose husbands are away right now. Two of their husbands are deployed to Baghdad and the other two are just gone for a few weeks for work. Jeremy was working overnight tonight which was probably for the best because he probably wouldn't have survived with all the children running around going crazy. I made lasanga, salad, and bread for the adults which was accompanied by a few bottles of wine that were brought and I made homemade mac and cheese for the kids. We of course followed it up with chocolate for dessert. We had a blast just chilling out and chatting without the guys. I am hoping to do this a few more times before their husbands return from the Middle East because I know that someday someone will return the favor to me when Jeremy is gone. My friend Kathy and I are going to watch all their kids next month so they can Christmas shop without the kids. Hopefully, it goes as smoothly as tonight. The boys were so tired they went right to bed without a peep.

No comments: