Monday, April 26, 2010

Marathon Weekend




I completed the Nashville 1/2 marathon this weekend in a little over 2 hours. It was a beautiful course that started at the Partheon on Vanderbilt's campus and ran through the music district and ended in LP stadium where the Tennesse Titans play which is right along the river. It was fun but exhausting. I was thankful for my training partner Kerry being at my side the whole race as well as her friend Mary who came down to run the race with us. It was a very hilly course and was a little too humid from the approaching thunderstorms but we survived. Some of the exciting things from the day included passing the red team from the current season of Biggest Loser, two very tall men who were wearing full suits, the man at mile 11 who passed out and hit the pavement and needed EMT services, the tu-tu girls who were wearing tiaras, and the lady at mile 8 who was passing out Krispy Kremes saying they were just like a gel pack. We were a little disappointed with 33,000 people that there weren't more crazies to watch. All in all, I am glad I did it and am glad I am back to being able to run long runs. I don't think I will be doing another race of that distance for a while though. I am sorry that these are the only pictures I took all weekend but I didn't want to carry a camera through the race and we didn't want to risk checking one. I will have to post some pictures from the actual race after I see them on the website.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations!! That is quite an accomplishment!!! You are amazing! Also, I am glad you passed the red team from the biggest loser. I am not a fan of the red team, but am very addicted to TBL this year. Congratulations again!!!

Mary said...

Thanks I don't like the red team either so I was happy we beat them too! I love the Biggest Loser though.