Saturday, February 12, 2011

Polar Bear Run

The whole family with the Polar Bear!
Aidan trying to eat his post race pizza without coming out from under his blanket.

Nick right before his race.

Today the boys and I ran in the Polar Bear Run here in Prattville. I ran the 5K with Aidan in the jogging stroller and Nick and I ran the 1 mile kids race. I just about died pushing Aidan up a monster hill in the jogging stroller. He kept saying Mom go faster! I was trying I swear. It was a little cold this morning as it was 30 degrees at the start of the race but it warmed up nicely. Aidan was going to try to run a little of the kids race but he wouldn't get out from under his blanket because he said he was too cold. Nick ran a 9 minute mile which is 3 minutes better then he did in the tech trot in the Fall. He was so proud of himself because not only did he beat his time, he ran the whole way without walking. He is already talking about doing another race. I tried to run with him but he started out at the head of the pack and we were at the back because of the stroller and I seriously couldn't catch him. It is a sad day when your 7 year old is beating you at races. All in all, it was a fun morning and we supported youth missions at our Church.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Mary. You amaze me. I don't run AT ALL. The only way I'd have been running is if a polar bear were chasing me! In other words, if you ever see me running, it's best to fall in line and follow cause something is definitely after me! I'm helping missions today as well in a much more selfish way - we hired an Acteen for babysitting! Yay missions!