Monday, June 11, 2012

Tour De Cure




Last weekend I biked 75 miles with my Gold's gym teammates in the DC Tour de Cure which raises money for the American Diabetes Association. I had to raise $200 in order to participate and $300 in order to earn my jersey from the gym. Thanks to my wonderful family and friends I managed to raise $750. I had a great time on the ride. I was really worried that I wouldn't make it the whole distance and that I would get left in the dust by all the serious riders but neither of those things happened. Despite only riding in the 50-60 mile range prior to the event I made it with very little difficulty. I wasn't even sore the next day. I look forward to the next time I can do an event like this and am so proud of myself for raising money for a cause near and dear to my heart.

No comments: