Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cloverdale Park









Today we met some old friends from Alabama at a cool little park by our house. We packed a picnic lunch and had a blast. The park has a great playground and  basketball courts etc. but the biggest hit is this little creek that runs through it full of rocks to climb and play on. Literally, my friend Kerry and I set up chairs on the side and chatted while they played in the water for almost 3 hours. They loved every second of it and were begging to stay longer. We should have worn swimsuits because they were sopping wet after about 5 minutes in the water. That is why they are missing shirts in some of these pictures.

I am going to try to post pictures more regularly for Jeremy's sake. I am usually the type to take a ton of pictures before I upload them and then make a bunch of entries at once but I decided I would try to upload more often and post more regularly so that he could see what we are up to. We will see if it happens or not. We talked to him today and he made it to Manas early in the morning and is headed out on a flight to Afghanistan this evening. He hasn't slept more then a couple hours in the last 48 so he is a little delerious but otherwise was in good spirits. Continue to keep him in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Looks like a fun spot to be at. Hi and hugs to all!