Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sight Seeing with my Mom















Yesterday I took my Mom sight seeing. I was finally able to see some of the Memorials on the south end of the Mall. We saw the Jefferson Memorial, George Mason Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, and Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. It was a gorgeous day to be walking around the tidal basin. The colors along the water were gorgeous and it was 83 degrees outside. The Roosevelt Memorial may be my new favorite Memorial. I loved the waterfalls and all of his quotes in the stones. It was so serene over there. He was a very wise man way ahead of his time. I didn't know he served so many terms as President either. Jefferson is also a powerful memorial as he has a lot of quotes in there that apply directly to our current day like how we should fear the day our society turns away from God. It is sad how integral a role religion played in our government in the early years and how now you get berated for even putting the two things in the same sentence. I love all the history in this area and every time I go I found out new things. Next up on the to do list is Arlington National Cemetery and The tomb of the Unknowns.

No comments: